Spirit of Soccer strives to create a safe, inclusive and culturally-appropriate environment for girls and 46% of our participants are female. To achieve this, we place a special focus on training female coaches and educators through our Female Coach Workshops.
We bring together female coaches from conflict-affected regions for an intensive program, focusing on professional-standard soccer coaching and Mine Risk Education as well as confidence, teamwork, goal setting and leadership.
Our goal is to create female leaders who are role models in their communities, have better chances for employment and can reach more young girls with sports and safety messages.
Data from our most recent Female Coach Workshop showed that:
· 100% felt confident working with other people in a team
· 96% felt confident about being the leader of a team
· 100% felt confident to get things done on time
· 96% felt confident about doing new things
· 100% felt confident about themselves generally
· 100% felt confident about meeting new people
· 86% feel they can play as well as any boy or man
· 94% of participants felt the course made them feel as important as any man or boy
· 100% of participants felt the workshop drove them to help other women succeed
Error: The account for spiritofsoccer needs to be reconnected.
Due to recent Instagram platform changes this Instagram account needs to be reconnected in order to continue updating. Reconnect on plugin Settings page
Error: No posts found.
Make sure this account has posts available on instagram.com.